I’ve met some agents who still rely on their printer and scanner or fax machine to get their contracts signed and turned around for their clients. Think of all of those wasted minutes spent waiting for your entire contract to scan and be delivered back to your computer, in a hopefully still clear enough to read state.
If you haven’t tried any of the available electronic signature services yet, consider this a personal invitation. Give it a try- we’re willing to bet you’ll find that signing documents virtually can be a huge time saver for your business.
First, consider your options. There are various services at different operating levels and prices for you to choose from. Think about the capabilities that you need in order to make this service worth it. Also, try to select based upon a reasonable per month price in relation to how frequently you will actually be using this service.
Another thing to consider, which devices are compatible with each service? Will you be opening and signing documents via your smart phone, tablet, iPad, or just your computer. It’s a good idea to plan ahead so that there are little to no surprises that arise after purchase.
Typically, there will be some sort of trial period offered that could be anywhere from one week to 30 days. You can make a much better decision when you can test the service out in your normal day to day environment. Don’t be afraid to test a whole handful before selecting your top picks. We will provide you with one of our suggestions below. We would love to hear your feedback on whichever service you decide to go with in the comments below.
And while some lending institutions still don’t like esignatures, the National Association of Realtors is trying to do something about it. They held a esign summit to try and discuss why we need these accepted everywhere.
You can begin the process to send and sign documents with just a few easy steps:
- Add your documents- Add as many documents and pages as you need.
- Add signers- Type the name and email address for each person who needs to sign.
- Add tags for guided signing then send for signature- Drag and drop “Sign Here” tabs right onto your document where you need each person to sign or initial.
- Signers are alerted by email to sign- Signers are taken directly from the alert email into DocuSign to begin the signing process.
- Signers are guided through the signing process- Easy-to-follow instructions guide the signer smoothly through the signing process.
- Confirm signing- Click “Confirm Signing” and itís done! DocuSign alerts both the signer and the person who requested the signature that the document has been signed.
DocuSign offers a FREE trial plan for the first 30 days so that you can experience all of the amazing features. Click here to claim yours now.